Who is currently an Associate Member of the MGA at the club from which they are playing,
Whose club is a current Member Club of the MGA,
Whose Handicap Index® for 18 holes does not exceed 6.4 at the time of entry.
An entry may be rejected at the discretion of the Committee at any time, including after the competition has closed.
NOTE: For eligibility purposes, an MGA Associate Member through the MGA Join On-Line (JOL) program must have a Minnesota connection in addition to JOL membership in order to participate. Examples of connections would be a MN resident (permanent or seasonal), a non-resident student at a MN school, and/or an MGA course connection, validated by a course employee and/or score posting record. The Committee’s decision on such a connection and eligibility is final.
Sectional Qualifying: Sectional Qualifying events are limited to a maximum of 84 players over three divisions (Players', Mid-Players', Senior Players'). Space may be limited by division. The MGA reserves the right to cancel a division within a Sectional Qualifier in the event no competition exists after registration has closed. In the unlikely event this occurs, the player will have the option of moving to any other Sectional Qualifying site with spots available or to withdraw and receive a full refund.
Players entered in a Sectional Qualifying will play 18 holes of stroke play. The number of available successful qualifying spots at each site will be determined after registration has closed and will be posted on the Championship website. Any ties for qualifying spots or alternate spots at each site will be played off immediately, hole by hole, until the final qualifiers and alternates are determined.
NOTE: Qualifiers for all three Players' events are conducted concurrently. If someone enters the Players' and Senior Players' Qualifiers, all Senior Players' contestants will play from the Players' Qualifying set of tees.
Championship: The Championship is a 64-player, single elimination match play event comprised of the Exempt Players and Qualifying Players.
Seeding: The seeding of Exempt Players will follow the policy outlined on the Exempt Player List.
The seeding of Qualifying Players will be as follows:
(1) Medalists: Medalists will be seeded immediately following the Exempt Players and will be ranked based on their Differential (Qualifying Score - Course Rating). If players from different qualifying sites are tied, the player who played the course with the higher course rating will be given the better seed.
(2) Qualifiers: Remaining qualifiers will be seeded based on their Differential.
Withdrawls: In the event a player withdraws, the spot will be filled as follows:
(1) Exempt Player: The field below the withdrawing Exempt player will be shifted "up" with the open spot filled by the highest ranking alternate from the Overall Alternate List. That person will be added into the field at the position determined by their Differential.
(2) Qualifying Player: The highest ranking alternate from the withdrawing player's Qualifying Site (if available) will fill the spot. In the event an alternate is not available from the withdrawing player's Qualifying Site, the spot will revert to the highest ranking player on the Overall Alternate List. The player will be added at the position determined by their Differential.
Monday, June 20 - AM: Round 1 matches; Starting times begin 7:30 am
- PM: Round 2 matches; Starting times begin 12:30 pm
Tuesday, June 21 - AM: Round 3 matches; Starting times begin 8:30 am
- PM: Quarterfinal matches; Starting times begin 2:00 pm
Wednesday, June 22 - AM: Semifinal matches; Starting times begin 8:20 am
- PM: Championship match; Starting time 1:00 pm
Practice rounds may be available at the discretion of the host facility. Please call the Burl Oaks Golf Shop (952/472-4909) and identify yourself as an MGA Players' contestant to schedule a practice round. Fee may be dependent upon the day and time you play.
Range balls will be provided prior to play each day. The range will be open at least 60 minutes prior to play.
Food & Beverages:
A lunch buffet will be available after Round 1 matches on Monday and after Round 3 matches on Tuesday. Additionally, food and beverages will be available from the menu after subsequent rounds.
Qualifying Sites Click on site for specific qualifying details
Founded in 1901 with only seven golf clubs, the Minnesota Golf Association’s membership has grown to 400 courses and nearly 83,000 individual members throughout the state. Our mission is to uphold and promote the game of golf and its values for all golfers in Minnesota.